Developing your website is an ongoing process for any internet marketing specialist. Part of that development will also include building your email list. You should have a bulk email opt in form prominently featured on your site. But, did you know that, for best conversion results, you should have this form in several places if you really want it to be effective? Here are some ideas that can help you as you work on developing your website and building a huge, strong email marketing list to use for your endeavors.
Placing Bulk Email Opt In For Best Results
If you are aiming to increase the number of email subscribers that you have for your website, then the placement of your bulk email opt in forms is an important consideration. When it comes to having enough places for subscribers to sign up for your email list, you can almost never have too many options. When your forms are located in multiple spots on your site, you can get the attention of more people. Different types of people are going to notice different things, and you want the most number of people to notice your sign up forms as possible. This means that having them in the most possible locations is going to be very much to your benefit. In some cases, you can overdo it, and have too many forms, but this is generally only going to be in situations where your other content is quite thin. As long as you have the content to support having multiple pages, you will be able to support having multiple forms for people to sign up with.
Here is a list of some top places for putting your bulk email opt in form, the places that are thought by the pros to increase conversions most quickly:
- Top Spot in Sidebar: This is probably the most common place that people will look to find a subscription form. It is a prominent location on your site, and can be either on the left or right hand side, both are seen as pretty popular as far as increasing conversions. Don’t put anything else above the bulk opt in email form, make sure it is at the very top of the sidebar for most visibility and prominence.
- After Every Blog Post: At the end of every blog post, you should include a subscription form, and ask readers if they want to learn more. This is a great way to quickly increase your subscribers, because those who do read to the end of the blog post are most likely going to be interested in learning more about what you have to say. Make it easy on them, and have the subscription form right there, where they don’t even have to click around to find it. This is a successful way to increase your list, because you are truly hitting the reader when they are most engaged and most interested in your site.
- In the Footer: A link to your bulk opt in email form should be in every footer, but even more powerful is the form itself. When people see a form, their first instinct is often to fill it out. You may find that you get tons of subscribers using this method. As your visitors read through your site, if they get all the way down to the footer, then they have remained interested for long enough.
- Include a Form on Your About Page: When people click to learn more about your company, you want them to be instantly able to sign up to be on your email list. Make sure that you have a bulk email opt in form located right on the About page so that anyone visiting can easily subscribe and learn more. Many webmasters find that their About pages are often the most frequently visited, so you want to capitalize on this as much as possible.
- Add a Feature Box: Using a feature box is a great way to highlight certain features, and it will almost certainly increase your conversion rate because people will be exposed to a direct explanation of the features that your offers and promotions and they will have a hard time resisting them when it is so prominently featured. Add a subscription form and watch the new members of your email list pile in.
- Add a Pop-Up Box: A pop-up box is a real attention grabber for your visitors. This will instantly get the interest of your visitors. When there is a subscription form right in the pop up box, you have the ability to get a subscriber right then and there. Few people will be able to ignore your pop up box, and most of your visitors are going to opt to give you their information so that they can be a part of your email list.
Incorporating each of these placements of your bulk email opt in form on your website will help you to maximize the subscription rate and get far more conversions than ever before. As your visitors engage in different ways, they will have multiple opportunities to sign up for your email list easily. The more times that a visitor sees your bulk email opt in form, the more likely that they will be to choose to sign up.
When you can increase the subscribers to your email list, then you will have the opportunity to really spread the word about your company, your products and services. As you get more subscribers, you will be able to truly segment your email lists and get even more conversions and sales from your promotions. Once you are able to start doing this, you will be able to not only keep feeding your email list and get more subscribers each day. The more subscribers you have, the more conversions you will find that you can get. Conversions equal profits, and more profits is always going to be a good thing.